As part of providing a psychological service to you, The Three Seas Group needs to collect and record personal information from you that is relevant to your situation, such as your name, contact information, medical history and other relevant information as part of providing psychological services to you.
This collection of personal information will be a necessary part of the psychological assessment and treatment that is conducted.
Purpose of collecting and holding information
Consequence of not providing personal information
Access to client information
At any stage you are entitled to access your personal information kept on file, subject to exceptions in the relevant legislation. The psychologist may discuss with you different possible forms of access.
Disclosure of personal information
All personal information gathered by the psychologist during the provision of the psychological service will remain confidential except when:
- it is subpoenaed by a court; or
- failure to disclose the information would in the reasonable belief of the The Three Seas Group or your psychologist, place you or another person at serious risk to life, health or safety; or
- your prior approval has been obtained to
a) provide a written report to another professional or agency. e.g., a GP or a lawyer; or
b) discuss the material with another person, eg. a parent, employer or health provider; or
c) disclose the information in another way; or
4. you would reasonably expect your personal information to be disclosed to another professional or agency (e.g. your GP) and disclosure of your personal information to that third party is for a purpose which is directly related to the primary purpose for which your personal information was collected;
5. disclosure is otherwise required or authorised by law.
Your personal information will not be used, sold, rented or disclosed for any other purpose.
As part of providing a quality service, the Australian Health Practitioner Regulatory Agency requires that psychologists engage in regular clinical supervision. If discussed, all information that may identify you is kept confidential.
Finally, recording of face to face/phone or Skype consultations is not permitted.
- Appointments cancelled or rescheduled within less than 48 hours will incur 50% of the appointment fee.
- Appointments cancelled or rescheduled within less than 24 hours will incur 100% of the appointment fee.
The non attendance fee is a fee associated with all cancellations, rescheduling or non-attended appointments and applies irrespective of the reason. The fee will be charged to your credit card in line with the terms stated above.