Experienced child psychologist required in private practice to meet growing demand for practitioners with expertise working with young children
The Three Seas Group is recruiting experienced psychologists with expertise working with children, to offer sessional work in our Knox location. Expressions of interest for other locations will be considered.
The Three Seas Group is a well established private practice of 30 plus highly skilled and team oriented psychologists and psychiatrists, with multiroom locations – Melbourne CBD, Richmond and Wantirna South.
We offer counselling, coaching and consulting to individuals, couples, groups and organisations with a wide diversity of presenting issues. We are professional and ethical practitioners who deliver authentic client centred care and quality services to all our clients.
The focus of this role is on children and adolescents aged 5 to 16 years old presenting with anxiety, depression, grief/loss, trauma, anger, and behavioural and developmental difficulties. It would be an advantage to also have experience in conducting comprehensive cognitive and behavioural assessments.
This is a contractor position for a psychologist; the position would suit a motivated and experienced psychologist who has the personality and skills to work in a professional and supportive private practice environment. The role will be for a minimum of 2 days a week, with flexibility in work hours, days, and location. Availability after hours and on Saturdays will be looked upon favourably. We have an excellent reputation with GPs and Paediatricians and a steady stream of referrals and new clients. The position offers a strong referral base.
We are seeking someone with:
- Experience working with children and adolescents aged 5 to 16 years, addressing emotional, behavioural and developmental issues
- Advantageous to have experience in conducting cognitive and behavioural assessments. Possession of a comprehensive test battery will be looked upon favourably.
- A demonstrated commitment ongoing professional development and continued learning and development
- A detailed knowledge and understanding of ethical, legal, and professional issues relevant to this area
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate in written and oral form from a psychological perspective
- A commitment to valuing and measuring client outcomes, client satisfaction and, counselling effectiveness
- An understanding of the importance of developing and maintaining professional and interpersonal relationships, with a wide range of client groups and other professionals, including management, reception (Client Connect Team), and other stakeholders, including referring GPs, employers and agencies, as well as the ability to guide emerging practitioners in this space.
You will be rewarded with:
- Attractive remuneration and strong referral base
- Highly supportive administration team and a friendly and engaging multidisciplinary team
- Ongoing collegial support and challenging professional development opportunities
- Ongoing career development and regular peer supervision
- Opportunity for career progression within the organisation, through stepped career pathways
- Full registration as a Psychologist with AHPRA
- Eligible for registration as a Medicare provider
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Willingness to work on Saturdays (ie. outside of school hours)
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years experience (private practice experience will be looked upon favourably) with specific experience working with children
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development
- Demonstrated application of therapeutic modalities relevant to working with children
Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience on a contract basis.
Principal Psychologist or Clinical Director
To express interest in the position please send your CV to email@example.com. For further information about the business, please visit our website www.thethreeseas.com.au.
For enquiries or further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org